On Saturday Aaron got home from work early and came storming in the house saying "Come on! Lets Go!". I'm thinking, "Go where?!!". He randomly decided that we were going to take a trip out towards Wendover, NV to "explore". At first I was a little hesitant to drive all the way out there just to explore. He promised me it would only be like an hour drive. We loaded up the little Metro and headed on our adventure. After driving about an hour I was thinkin... Shouldn't we be getting close?... and then I see a sign that says that Wendover is 60 more miles! And the place we were going was another 20 miles from Wendover. It ended taking 2.5 hours to get to our destination! I guess Aaron found this place with his dad when he was a kid and wanted to go check it out again. It actually ended up being a really fun day (other than the drive). It was great to get out of the city for a bit and just have the day to be with each other. Here are few pictures from the day!
This was in the car on our way over. We were starting to get a little bored if you can't tell haha.
We found an old abandoned government type living place (so we think...) There were signs saying No Trespassing, but of course signs never stop my husband, so we went and explored.
Welcome Home! There were these old houses there that were totally trashed. It was kinda eerie walking around in em.
Nasty bathroom!
We found this birds nest in the bathroom. I don't know if you can tell but the new baby birds don't even have their eyes open yet.
We found this 1989 calendar in one of the living rooms. Check out that girls work out clothes! haha
An old shop.
These gas pumps were my favorite.
There were wild horses just roaming around.
It was very green and beautiful for the Nevada desert.
Aaron kept warning me that there were probably a bunch of snakes around. We found this little mine and as we were going down into it I saw something move up the wall out of the corner of my eye. I screamed! I thought it was a snake! But it was just this little lizard. It was a feisty thing though. When Aaron was catching it, it bit him on the finger!
We found this cluster of bats down in the mine. EWE!!! I hate bats. I think they are so creepy! We didn't go any farther after we found these guys!
Up the road a little ways there was a spring and so there was a bunch of grass and trees. It looked like people lived there a while ago. You can't really see in these pictures but I'm kneeling in front of an old fence and Aaron is standing on a foundation of a house that either was once there and not anymore, or just never got done being built.
This is an old cellar that was dug into the ground.
Went off-roading in the Metro! haha. Oh boy was that exciting! To drive on the road we went on you really should be in a truck. We didn't plan on going too far but ended up getting to a point where it probably would have been just as far to turn around and go back then to keep going. So.. we kept on going! Luckily Aaron was a great driver and nothing bad happened to the poor little Metro.
At the end of the day we had a picnic on an old sheep ranch. We watched the sunset and played sequence (our favorite board game.)
Thanks sweetie for such a fun day! I love you so much!
omg those birds are tiny
ReplyDeletei love that you went exploring!! so fun!
ReplyDeleteTHis is MOM..... I posted a comment on your recent trip too.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE all the pics and notes. Keep em coming!